Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kanye Is The Only One That Can Glow In The Dark

2 Nights after the Montreal Glow In The Dark Concert I'm still thinking about the whole show and how I saw Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D. , Rhianna and Kanye West perform their best songs in my presence... Now I wasn't sure exactly how many people attended the show but there was a hell of a lot fans. Because of this I was pissed off over the simple fact that so many people were rockin the Kanye Shades and T-shirts... I wanted to be the only one... But that feeling died down very quickly as soon as Lupe started his performance.
Needless to say Lupe laid it down performing banger after banger but leaving out a lot of his material from Food & Liquor. But hearing him perform Streets On Fire and Hip Hop Saved My Life made up for all of that. Oh and he laid down Go Go Gadget Flow like a pro! I was kinda pissed that I didn't get floor tickets to get a closer view of Nikki Jean. Anyway a few minutes after, N.E.R.D. hit up the stage and obviously the girls went crazy for Pharrell. They started off ok but then they got the crowd really going after Rockstar and Lap Dance. They even performed their new single Everybody Nose! Lupe came on stage during their performance and started kicking around cereal. Chris Brown made a cameo appearance too. All in all N.E.R.D. did good.
Rhianna came on and played every single one of her singles with a few remixed tracks! People say she didn't sound all that good but she sounded pretty good to me. I'm just mad that she didn't wear anything nice and revealing. Once again i wish I got floor tickets for a closer view...

After almost an hour of waiting Mr. West finally hit the stage with a serious background screen and a sick platform resembling a spaceship! Words can't even describe the whole stage scene! Kanye went banger after banger, carefully placing each song to fit with the story he created for his performance. It's safe to say Kanye performed every single one of my favorite songs from him with near perfection. This was BY FAR the best concert I've been to! Everything about it was so damn good! He performed Good Morning, Stronger, Can't Tell Me Nothing, I Wonder, Hey Mama, Gold Digger, Diamonds Are Forever, Homecoming, Flashing Lights, Jesus Walk, Through The Wire, Touch The Sky and the list keeps going! He even had Lupe come on stage for Touch The Sky which was a surprise to me because I heard he didn't come on to do the third verse!




Kanye ended it with a few words to the haters out there. Basically it all boils down to this... There is not one artist out there today that can put on a performance like what Kanye did out here in Montreal. He's the only artist right now that can Glow In The Dark!

Check out this video to see some of the highlights of the show!



RedDrama

Because of a lack of a camera all the videos from the show were taken from the ones that my fellow Montrealers uploaded on Youtube. Thanks a lot people!

No comments: