Monday, May 26, 2008

NaS Shoots Video for "Be a Nigger Too"


"While the title for NaS upcoming album is no longer “Nigger,” the Queens rapper isn’t shying away from controversy surrounding the project.

According to an entry on Miss Info's blog, the Queens emcee is taking a “politically incorrect, unsubtle approach” for the video for the album’s recently leaked song, “Be A Nigger Too.” The video is set to premiere at an exclusive viewing next week.

"Rik Cordero and Nas shot the video last week in LA (and some parts here in NY) and the concept will be very familiar to movie buffs,” Miss Info wrote. “I can’t give away any more, but I’ll say that there will be some celebrity cameos. And not the usual ‘Hey, these are random rappers that I don’t know that well but who will show up when I shoot a video and pretend to party with me in this rented space with the rest of my casted modeltypes’ cameos.”

The promo poster for the video shows a person’s feet in the air and bound by rope, with a forest area as the backdrop." - Hip Hop DX


Honestly, I'm really surprised NaS is using this as his first single. I think the song's pretty good, but not single material.


Docta Joe

No comments: