Thursday, May 22, 2008

Saigon Released From Atlantic Records


It seems Saigon's long awaited album might take even longer to come out. Apparently Saigon's album has been getting delayed because of Atlantic Records.

"I am NO LONGER ON ATLANTIC RECORDS, thank you God," Saigon says via his Myspace."I took legal action and got my manager Chris, my lawyer Theo, my homies Gee Roberson and Just Blaze and we got the fuck up out of there... No, I didn't get dropped so you haters don't get excited, I fought these people very very hard to leave."

"Atlantic Records felt I needed a party song, or a sexual song or something like the other artist they have up there," he says of "Pain In My Life" not getting pushed hard as his single. "On one side of the token they're telling me they need to market me to the youth yet they want me to use adult content.. This didn't make sense to me. They wanted me to tell 12 and 13 year old kids that its cool to be strippers and gangbangers."

Here's what Just Blaze, one of Saigon's big supporters, had to say about the situation.

"We have been quietly working to get released from Atlantic. Sometimes you need to do things without talking about them. And get what you want. We finally got that…With 100% ownership of the masters," Blaze states. He also makes mention that leaving the label and owning all the masters is a rarity. - News from Hip Hop DX


Docta Joe

No comments: